31 Jan 2018:
Seminar: New anti-corruption laws in Poland
Domański Zakrzewski Palinka,
Polish-Spanish Chamber of Commerce, Irish-Polish Chamber of Commerce,
Netherlands-Polish Chamber of Commerce and Scandinavian-Polish Chamber of Commerce
have the pleasure to invite you to the seminar
New anti-corruption laws in Poland
– risks and duties to be faced by businesses from 2018
The meeting will take place on
Wednesday 31st January 2018 at 9:30am
at Domański Zakrzewski Palinka sp. k. office,
Rondo ONZ 1, 00-124 Warsaw
The draft Act on Transparency in Public Life imposes on businesses the obligation to have effective internal anti-corruption rules. This applies to all large and medium enterprises regardless of the sector in which they operate. Failure to comply with the new provisions will be severely penalised. The aim of the meeting is to familiarise businesses with the new requirements and to show them how they can minimise the financial, legal and reputation risks associated with the draft Act.
09:00 – 09:30 Registration of participants, coffee and refreshments
09:30 – 10:20 New anti-corruption laws – assumptions, risks and consequences
- obligation to introduce internal anti-corruption and conflict of interest procedures
- whistleblower protection by public prosecutors and mandatory whistleblowing procedures
10:20 – 10:35 Break
10:35 – 11:35 How to prepare for new duties?
- developing internal anti-corruption procedures: standards and best practices
- whistleblowing: internal whistleblowing systems – how should they be implemented and why is it worth doing it?
11:35 – 12:00 Discussion, summary
Confirmation should be submitted by 29th January 2018 at the latest via e-mail: email@example.com
The meeting will be held in English.
Participation for the companies associated in the Chambers organizing the seminar is free.
Cost of the participation for other companies is 60PLN + VAT.